slider

7/26/14

Gossamer Blue: Creative Uses for Journaling Cards


I always try to get the most use out of my products, but sometimes my spreads are so photo heavy that I don't have a lot of leftover room for journaling cards.  Combining your cards and some common tools (think paper trimmer, circle punch, sewing machine) can stretch your supplies and help your creativity flow!


When I start organizing my photos and memorabilia for the month, I always pop a few journaling cards randomly into my pockets.  Although they may not stay in the same spot, they serve as a reminder to add in a few details about our week or month.  The rest of the cards sit in a pile by my photos and once my photos and memorabilia are in place, I grab them out and see what might work with my spread.

Let me share a few of my favorite ways to use journaling cards!


1. Trimming cards to create tags and journaling spots.

I loved the "sweet memories" sentiment on this journaling card, but I only had a few words to add to this photo, so I didn't want to use the entire card.  To make it work with my photo, I trimmed out the sentiment and used it as a journaling spot and label.  I added in one of the My Mind's Eye Chipboard banners for a little glitzy touch.


2. Using your punches to create embellishments.

For this photo, I used my circle punch to punch out part of a journaling card.  I adhered it to the middle of my photo using my tiny attacher and added my journaling with a white gel pen around the photo.  Simple, but super effective!


3. Using journaling cards as accents.

This vellum journaling card was trimmed down to fit a card that is on the other side of this pocket.  I added a flair button to the middle as an accent.  The card is a little smaller than the pocket and I love the see-through effect it has!


4. Sewing vellum to a card to create a transparent pocket.

And what's a Life Pages spread without a vellum pocket?  Here I used a journaling card and sewed on a small piece of vellum to act as a pocket to hold our Easter basket clues from the Easter bunny.  I added a small label with some journaling to the outside of the pocket to finish it off!

How fun, right?  Thanks so much for joining me today!!  I hope I have inspired you to take a closer look at those journaling cards and your supplies to get the most use out of your products as possible!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment