slider

9/11/14

Cozy

Today, I'm sharing another page using Shimelle's lovely new collection.  The pinks and creams just won me over big time and I seriously can't stop playing around!

For this page, I wanted to use this cream paper with the pink sunbursts as my background.  I attempted to use the entire sheet, but....you know that goes.  I just couldn't make it work for me.  I was missing all of my white space!  So, instead of using the entire sheet, I trimmed part of it down and added it as a vertical band down my page.  


To add a little bit of interest to the white part of my paper, I used a few of Shimelle's gold rub-ons, some paint platters and a little bit of pink paint.  It's subtle, and kind of hard to tell from the photo above, but in person, you can totally see it.  I like that it adds just a little pop to that side of the page. 


Next, I layered on my photo, some lace and a few papers.  And again....those gold thickers.  Just can't get enough (you'll be seeing them again!!).


A simple handmade embellishment and some journaling along the vertical band were the finishing touches to the page!  This page seems rather simple now that I'm typing out how it came together, but I swear, this one took me a while to finish for some crazy reason.  Does that happen to anyone else???  Everything always seems easier when you explain it, right?


Oh...and believe it or not, tomorrow is the 12th of the month!  I'll be snapping away, so if you would love to join me, that would be awesome!!  




6 comments: